Covid-19 Safety Measures
Guide and Advice (Not enforced by law):
–We advise our staff and customers to wear a mask indoors or when in close contact. Not required outdoors.
–All guests are advised to check in by scanning the QR code provided with the NHS App or leave their details manually.
–Orders can also be placed at the bar, ensuring distance is maintained.
–Please follow the one way system and one person at a time in the lavatories advice.
–You can book a table for any number of guests indoors and outdoors.
–Your table will be booked for 2 hours 30 minutes for parties of up to 6 and for 3 hours for parties of 7+.
Thank you for your support and your understanding during such difficult times for us all.
It is our duty to ensure we keep our customers and staff safe. We will operate with shorter menu to minimise the number of chefs in our kitchen and revise the opening times should this be necessary.
We have completed a Covid-19 risk assessment which our staff has been trained for. These include regular washing of hands, keeping their distance and ensuring safety guides are followed throughout.
The new Government guide requires the following
1) Customers to leave contact details when they visit in case of an outbreak – We recommend our customers book a table from brouge.co.uk for dining and drinking visits, so that we have your visit details, as well as manage the number of people visiting at once to avoid over crowding. Booking from the link above takes a couple of minutes, does not cost us anything in booking fees and you can add a message if you’re simply visiting for just drinks. We can also ask for your details on the day and manually write them in our diary. Please keep phone numbers of all your guests.
2) Standing by the bar is not currently permitted except to order and pay. You are permitted to stand outside the premises to consume your drink, if within the premises it is recommended you are sat down at a table which have been set 1 metre plus apart. We ask parents that children remain seated at the table. We ask customers that visit us with their pet to keep them by their table on a lead.
We can bring large drinks orders near to your table in a tray for you to collect.
3) Celebrating, dining or drinking tables have been limited and we will follow the latest government advice.
4) Restroom facilities might be restricted to one-in-one-out to ensure everyone keeps their distance. Please respect this rule and other customers. We appreciate this might be difficult but its crucial we all do our bit. Please use hand gels provided and you practice hand washing as regularly as possible.
5) Please respect the one way system in place. The entrance is located at the car park side of the building. Please use the hand gel when entering the building. The Exit is located by the garden, please allow others to exit from the garden should anyone else be near the exit.
6) Please ask our waiting staff to take your order at your table (indoors or outdoors) to minimise movement. Please do not clear away glasses as our staff will do that.
7) You can pay with cash however we are encouraging contactless or card payments at this time.
8) Please be respectful of our staff as we have a difficult task in our hand to provide great service as well as ensure we keep everyone safe.
9) Should yourself or a member of your family or a friend you have been in contact with recently starts showing Covid-19 symptoms as listed in the NHS website, please report this immediately to a member of our team and we recommend you self isolate immediately as per NHS guidelines.
10) Please help us maintain these safety guidelines by ensuring you follow social distancing guidelines for your safety, others around you and our staff.
We hope you understand that we are going to be extremely strict with this policy and urge customers to co-operate for the greater good.
For our team:
The spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) remains a concern for us all and we are keen to keep communicating with the community regarding response and planning. For us, as for everyone, recent events have led us into uncharted territory – it is hard to predict future impact but we will continue to follow these guidelines whilst exercising extreme caution.
We will be checking staff temperatures upon arrival and at different points throughout the day. If our staff displays or develops either a new continuous cough or a high temperature 37.8 + then we will be asking staff to leave immediately in order to self-isolate for 7 days.
At Brouge we routinely practice high standards of infection control. We are committed to reducing the risk by ensuring effective hygiene practices are in place for both children and staff and we encourage full participation in these practices;
• Wearing of protective face covering while working
• Wash hands frequently with soap, especially before eating or handling food, after toilet visits, or when hands are contaminated by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing. We have now increased the frequency of children’s hand washing to ever hour as well as before and after food as usual.
• Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing and to discard the tissue immediately into a bin.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, tables, chairs and equipment regularly and when contaminated by nasal or oral secretions.
• Ensure supplies such as hand soap, hand sanitiser, tissues and paper towels are available for customer and staff’s use. Please help us by using the handwashing/ sanitising stations at the front doors and throughout the setting.
• Wash all crockery, glassware and utensils at high degree temperatures.
• Please help us by not taking home hand sanitisers provided for the use of customers and staff.
Our staff will continue to follow these procedures. Further training measures will be in place for staff.
With immediate effect we are introducing some additional temporary measures: cancellation of future planned events, thorough cleaning of surfaces where contact has/might have been made including door handles, chairs, under the table edges.
As always we remain vigilant in ensuring regular thorough cleaning is carried out daily and our housekeeping is effective. We have deep clean dates booked in during March and April as well as the thorough daily deep clean of every section in our establishment.
What will we do if we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Brouge?
If we were to have a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Brouge, we would be contacted by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team to discuss the case, identify people who have been in contact with them and advise on any actions or precautions that should be taken. The Health Protection Team would undertake an assessment of our setting and issue advice on the management of customers and staff based on this assessment. We hope that closure of the setting would be unnecessary but Public Health England would have final say and at this point the decision would be taken out of our hands.
Front of house and back of house staff
Our staff team will be subject to the same rigorous policy as the customers visiting us. If a staff member were to experience a high temperature 37.8+ and/or new continuous cough, they would be asked to self-isolate immediately for a minimum of 7 days.
We sincerely hope we will not find ourselves in a position where continuing to operate is critically compromised due to ill-health / self-isolation of multiple staff members but if this were the case options we could consider are:
• Flexible / reduced hours
• Suspension of planning near future events
• Cancellation of events and/or bookings where possible or necessary
In the event of a regional closure we will of course continue to respect and abide by Government and Public Health England dictates. For a longer closure we will have to see what Government support measures, if any, are in place but our main priority will be to protect the solvency of Brouge and to have our staff team’s best interests at heart.
I would also like to reassure you that we continue to plan and review here at Brouge as this challenging situation evolves.
Thank you, once again, for your continued understanding and co-operation during difficult circumstances.